Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rick A. speaks to Frio Canyon Chamber

I was invited by the Frio Canyon Chamber of Commerce to speak at their meeting this afternoon about Healthy Harvest. I would estimate that about 25 members were present. I described our group and the interests and goals that we have. Chamber members were very enthusiastic about the idea of a Leakey Farmers Market! I explained that we are looking for more local growers who are interested in selling produce. I also talked about our plans for a community garden, this blog, and our Saturday morning seminars. The Chamber generously offered to put a link from their website to our blog!

Everyone that I have spoken to about local produce has expressed a great deal of interest. The time is definitely right for our group to be active and promote local and organic food in the Frio Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment